Sunday, January 24, 2010

Night biking in 2010 #1

My first real night biking of the year. I cycled from Gastown to the BCIT campus in Burnaby, in about 30 to 40 mins. I wasn't paying exact attention to the times.

Why you might ask? Well I am reading the news this morning on www.evolution1079.com

I start reading the news at 7am. I was up at 3.23 and started making pancakes and coffee shortly after listening to Pavement's Slanted and Enchanted.

Then it was a brisk bike ride through the DTES, Strathcona to Adanac over Commercial, Nanaimo, Windermere to Boundary south Douglas south east to Gilmore sth again all the way to Canada Way.

No wildlife tonight unless you count the blokes I saw walking home. Yesterday cycling to BCIT from Gilmore skytrain station I saw a Red Winged Blackbird at Still Creek Drive. I heard it before I saw it.

Look forward to two new Culture Connections at myspace.com/garyjarvis in the next couple of days.

Cheers all

No comments: