Saturday, February 6, 2010

Helicopters, traffic and non communication

Welcome to Vancouver, welcome to the home of the 2010 Winter Games.

It is not pretty out there. My angst towards the Games heightened by lack of sleep thanks to a helicopter buzzing over Victory Park last night for more than one hour.

Resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to get a decent sleep I got up and went for a walk to find out what all the noise was about. Walking west on Water Street, saw the inevitable flashing lights at Cambie and Hastings.

Only when I asked, the dozen police walking in line combing Victory Park, would what has happened be of any interest to the media, did I get a decent answer - "a stabbing in the park". Thank you.

My first question "What happened?" was met with jokes between themselves. You've got to love the VPD.

Note for transit users - don't ride the buses on Main between Hastings and Terminal. It's better to walk. The gridlock caused by the closing of the viaducts is insane. Why did they close the viaducts?

No comments: