Monday, November 26, 2007

Reasons why I love the DTES #'s 2 & 3

#2 - Yesterday Sunday standing at the bus stop on Hastings at Carrall. I look across street at a guy selling his wares out of a bag. Nothing unusual in that in this part of town. He's selling work coveralls, interesting perhaps? What's that wording on back on coverall? Coroner. One punter notices, laughs and politely refuses. A second punter measures length of leg against his own but doesn't turn coverall around. My bus arrives. I snicker away.

#3 - Today walking east on Hastings from Columbia I draw almost level with a woman who turns and shouts to a guy singing on the other side of road, "that song was in my head too." She laughs and then says to no one in particular "Don't give up the day job". I say "that's for sure." She says "aint that the truth" and knocks me sideways with her beautiful smile. What a wonderful sparkle too in her eye. She is so thin and her rain coat sits like a tent.

No comments: