Monday, August 13, 2007

The end of oil?, painting by numbers VI

The end of oil, sounds like a grander story than it actually is. Sorry to disappoint you reader. I got a call Saturday morning from the boss man to be told that the company is slowing down and that he is going to have to let me go. Coming just four days after my refusal to cross a picket line I can't help but think there's a connection.

I keep it polite, not one to burn bridges though I can't see a return to this oh so happy bunch of painters and tight wads, er ahem, Gary, cool it! I felt strangely liberated by the fact that I didn't have to think of going to work on Monday and that I had a weekend in which I could let my hair down. Five hours later I am exiting a gondola car beating out the trail with S in the direction of Goat Mtn. Life in Vancouver, forever fall of hits and highs.

No comments: