Thursday, March 17, 2011

Big News All Of The Time II

"Everybody's counting on the media" says a dentist working as a journalist now in Benghazi, Libya.

I just heard that on the Democracy Now report for 17 March. Sitting here in the comfort of my place in Vancouver, Canada I can't help but feel a bit nervous about what is going on in Japan. I keep on telling myself that we'll be fine here in Canada and the U.S but if it does affect us here on the west coast of North America it will affect a lot more of the world too.

Some of the American media is hysterical. I even heard one voice say in reference to Hiroshima "Japanese nuclear use" - er excuse me. You mean American dropping of an atomic bomb.

Closer to home we are to see a rise in the minimum wage, after ten years stuck at $8 the min wage will now be $10.25 from 12 May 12.

No comments: