Monday, October 15, 2007

Taser death at Vancouver Airport

The user of the taser may have resulted in the death of the man at Vancouver Airport. We will have to wait for the coroner's autopsy report. All the same I am mystified why the RCMP could not tackle an unarmed man. The user of a taser is beyond reasonable force in my opinion.

I moved to Canada three years ago from England. The British police in comparison, although not without fault, are more likely in my personal experience having attended demonstrations and soccer matches to apprehend an unruly individual by ensuring first they have sufficient numbers of police officers on hand, and then rushing the said person and making an arrest. I don't blame the police officer who used the taser, the problem is with police training methods.

No comments: